IRRS Journal 205 (June 2021) has been printed and dispatched to members;
- The Donemana Derailment, 1913, Joe Begley
- The Development of Railways in County Antrim, Part 2, Michelle McCarron
- Running the Covid Railway, Tim Moriarty
- A Bit of Ireland on the Great Western Railway, Gary Boyd-Hope
- William Rickford Collett – A biographical sketch, Ernie Shepherd
- Moguls and Jeeps – Some further details, Chris Aspinwall
- Partition and the Railways, Peter Rigney
- Trams into Kingsbridge Station, Clifton Flewitt
- Malahide’s Lost Viaduct, Oliver Doyle
- Irish Railway News
IRRS Jounal subscription can be obtained online via the Membership Page.
New Collections for the IRRS PHOTO-ARCHIVE (Flickr)
Six new Photographic Collections have been uploaded to the IRRS Photo-Archive on Flickr (May 2021) comprising over 1,120 images covering the years 1938-1969, including scenes from the Schull & Skibbereen to the final days of steam in Waterford, collated & digitised by Ciarán Cooney. To access the new collections, see Album Page on Flickr (IRRS member access only).
Irish Railway Archive Film Show (March 2021)
The IRRS Archive ‘Film Show’ from March 2021 is now available:
Irish Railways in 1960’s & 1970’s by Tom Dowling; digitised, edited and presented by Ciarán Cooney, IRRS Hon Photographic Archivist.